I’ve been asked many times about the differences between blogging with Blogspot and WordPress. Personally for me, I don’t see much difference in the two platforms. A lot of blogger feels that you’re only a real blogger if you use WordPress. Well although I myself have moved to WordPress (for businesses purposes) , I can tell you that I was very much a “real” blogger even back then when I was blogging with blogspot.
I was still making money from my blogs then (on blogspot) so definitely no difference in that department. Although having said that, there are potentially a lot more opportunity for you to earn more when you are using the WordPress platform as for reason advertisers prefers you to have static IP (which is what you will have if you have your own hosting) or there are advertisers programs that just need you to insert some php codings and blogspot does not allow that.
Potentially there is also a risk of losing your blog on one fine day simply because blogger decide that your blog was a spammy blog and with WordPress that won’t happen .. unless your hosting is gone.
This brings me to hosting issues. Reliable and dependable hosting is definitely deciding factor after you decide to move to WordPress for whatever reason.
I use hostgator and I’ve not had any complains with them. No sudden offline alert that my blogs are not reachable, their customer service is very helpful most times and they have been around for years.
If you decide to move to WordPress and wanna give hostgator a try, here’s how you can try them out for a month at only $0.01. If for some reason you are not satisfied they offer a 45days money back guarantee.
- All you need to is go to Hostgator site. As shown below, if you already have a domain name, enter the “I currently have a domain box” (and if you don’t I suggest getting one from godaddy first. I suggest getting your domain separate from your hosting so that it’s easier if you decide to change hosting later).
- DO NOT CLICK on the “Continue to Step 2” until you replace the “Enter a Coupon Code” to ladyjavadeal
- Now click on the “Continue to Step 2”
- There will be three package types to choose from. I would recommend the “Hatchling” if you only have one domain name or the “Baby” if you are hosting more than 2 domains.
- After selecting the package, you will see that under the “Billing cycle” box will reflect as “0/mo”
- You will now proceed to finish entering your registration info
- After making sure all is order, click on the “Create Account” buton
Within a few minutes you will get an email from hostgator with all your login info. They will also request you to send in scanned photo id of yourself for verifying purpose. Don’t worry if you dont have a scanned copy, just use your camera phone and take a photo of it and send it to them. That would be sufficient too.
If you do continue with them and opt for the monthly payment, please make sure you send your payment on time or risk your site being suspended.
I hope that is useful and do let me know if you need any help.
Submit your review